"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep."

Monday, October 02, 2006

Who Was That Person?

Like several mornings of late, I set out from my house today unsure of how far I would go. It was an amazingly clear morning. Everything seemed plainly defined and intensely sharp. The temperature was comfortably cool and I felt good.

Feeling good was in contrast to how I felt yesterday when I labored intensely on my retaining wall project and as a result, not only suffered from extreme fatigue but also from self-imposed act like a jerk-ness.

Grumpy, irritable and short tempered are clearly characteristics that rightly keep one off everyone’s Christmas card list and I loathe being around anyone exhibiting such behavior; especially myself. I don’t really know why I felt this way nor why I couldn’t shake it but I knew I didn’t like it.

It’s a bit of a pickle when you don’t like being around yourself. It’s not like you can leave the person who is being a jerk and go find someone else to hang out with. So thank God that a**hole was gone when I awoke this morning.

Today was my longest distance run since the Labor Day ½ Marathon at Virginia Beach. I ended up doing 10 miles and it felt pretty darn good. My legs were there and I didn’t become overly tired.

It’s nice to be back.

To a runner, a side stitch is like a car alarm. It signifies something is wrong, but you ignore it until it goes away. ~Author Unknown

No comments: