"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep."

Sunday, October 08, 2006

A Wet One

Ok, today is the third day of rain in a row and as a result of this mess, I didn’t run Friday or Saturday. But when I got up this morning, I just had to.

So out into the elements I did venture and as I began, one of my more astute neighbors, who was outside retrieving his morning paper shouted, “You’re going to get wet!”

As you know, it’s always good to begin a long run with an uncluttered mind so I was very grateful for this clarification. For now that it was clear to me that I indeed would get wet, I could focus my attention on the task at hand without the nagging distraction of will, or will I not get wet.

Thanks neighbor!

10 ½ miles later and I’m ready for a shower.

“Sweat plus sacrifice equals success.” – Charlie Finley

No comments: