"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep."

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Creature Of Habit

Yesterday was work on the terracing project day. I got a lot accomplished and in the process woke up sore as hell so instead of heading out before the sun rose, I delayed my run until this afternoon. It wasn’t a great run and it wasn’t very long either.

I’m not sure if it was lackluster because of fatigue or if it had more to do with changing my routine. I am after all, a creature of habit and deviating from my established norm can play havoc with my psyche.

So perhaps the real reason I felt like I was merely going through the motions today was more a result of having to wear sunglasses while running instead of carrying a flashlight.

Or maybe I’m just tired. Either way, I got it done.

“Running is a lot like life. Only 10 percent of it is exciting. 90 percent of it is slog and drudge." - Dave Bedford

No comments: