"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep."

Saturday, October 14, 2006

From Starbucks to the White House

Beth and I were in the District for the weekend and on Friday night; Beth Anne joined us from Athens Georgia. On this brisk Saturday morning, she and I along with my friend Scott (Common Interests) set out on an invigorating 5 mile loop which took us by several embassies, the White House, the Washington Monument and 123 Starbucks coffee houses.

Ok ... I'm exaggerating (slightly) about the number of Starbucks but of all the really interesting places I've run, D.C. is definitely at the top of the list. The historical significance, the architecture, the monuments and the diverse, multi-cultural melting pot of people all make for a fascinating experience that is not to be missed.

So if you find yourself inside the beltway, do yourself a favor and check it out.

Before I left for the weekend, I mapped out a route using the U.S. Track & Field’s website. If you’re unfamiliar with this site, it’s an excellent way to create and save favorite routes, map out routes in unknown and untried areas and accurately track your mileage.

"For some, running is an unnatural act, except when running from enemies and to the bathroom." - Anonymous

No comments: