"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep."

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Breaks Over

After a week’s break from my running routine (see previous post for explanations), I got back out there today. I checked on Beth, whose post-op recovery is so far, going very well. And after she assured me she would be fine for an hour or so, I started for the door.

As I turned the knob and opened the front door, she called out, “Don’t over do it. You haven’t run in a week.”

It was then I heard myself reply, “Don’t worry I’m only going to do 6 miles or so.”

“6 miles or so” – damn it feels good to know that this distance which once seemed virtually unattainable, is now merely a maintenance run!

So now that I’ve re-started my motor so to speak, its time to get back on my training schedule for the Star City Half Marathon which is only 3 weeks away. I drove most of the route the other day and it is a hilly bugger indeed so from here on out, its time to focus.

"We can't all be heroes because someone has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by." - Will Rogers


No comments: