"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep."

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Back To Work


Today was my first day back to work after taking the week off to insure Beth was taken care of. I was not looking forward to re-entering the daily grind of chasing the almighty dollar in hopes of finding nirvana residing within the confines of financial security.

On the contrary, I’d much rather be finishing my current backyard project and then moving on to the next one on my list.

But that is not to be.
So to get my head straight prior to leaving this morning, I went for a nice short 4 miler and in doing so, thought of my granddaughter. I wondered what she might “be” tonight as she ventures out in search of too much candy.

Last year she was a ladybug, the year before a lion and her first year, she was a pumpkin. Every year she is more and more adorable. But then, I would give her all the candy if it were up to me.

Happy Halloween!

“The race is not always to the swift, but to those who keep on running.” - Anonymous

No comments: