"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep."

Monday, January 08, 2007

Ouch!

After my last 'date' with Garmin, I began to experience an unusual muscle tightness and pain above and behind my left knee. In fact, for two days I was limping about like Chester from Gunsmoke (those younger ones perusing this will likely not make the connection).

So after several days of rest and a plethora of icy hot, put over your knee things, it finally seems to be returning to it's normal state, albeit still somewhat noticeable.

I've tried to explain my absence to Garmin .... I hope she understands ....

"It's not you," I said. "It's me!"

She's got to take me back - she just has to!

I need her now more than ever beacuse I've just made the 'mental' commitment for my first marathon - Chicago 2007

Thanks to all who have offered inspiration, knowingly and unknowingly.

"Speed is a gift from God, endurance is an achievement." - Anon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll do fine; you've built your fitness gradually over time without too many setbacks, so you're starting marathon training from a good place...Avoiding illness and injury are key elements; always allow sufficient rest and recovery runs as you increase mileage.