"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep."

Saturday, January 20, 2007

I Think I Can, I Think I Can

It's Saturday and I'm still adjusting to being off from work.

I woke up at 6am and initially felt the urge to jump in the shower, get dressed and head out the door. But after an anxious moment or two, I remembered - I'm a Saturday Guy now and so I lay in bed a bit longer, then got up and had coffee and read the paper.

Then Garmin and I headed out to meet Bill for what was supposed to be a 6 miler.

I say 'supposed to be' because it turned out to be 7.08 miles due to the fact I could not out run a Norfolk Southern locomotive ... and therefore could not make the crossing ... and therefore had to turn around and loop back ... and therefore tack on an aditional mile on this brisk 32 degree, windy as hell morning.

Oh well, whats an extra mile amonst friends?

Cest la vie.

No comments: