"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep."

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Back at it

I played golf on Sunday and slaved away on an ongoing retaining wall project in the yard on Monday so this morning, it was back to the 5am wake up call followed by the donning of the running shoes.

Today's run was short, hilly and painful.

It was one of those 'gut it out' runs where each and every step reminded me of the previous day's labor.

It was one of those runs where I was completely convinced that if there was a walker about, he or she would have passed me by in such a blur, I would only have felt the rush of air in their wake.

It was one of those runs where I really felt my age.

It was one of those runs where I was glad it was over.

No comments: