"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep."

Thursday, March 22, 2007

I Remember


March 22, 1981

I remember …

… it was a cold Spring day which would before nightfall, see 10 inches of fresh fallen snow covering the ground.

I remember …

… the first words I heard that morning were, “my water broke.” Simple words, yet profoundly significant.

I remember …

… witnessing the miracle of life first hand and holding him as he gazed up with a seeming expression of recognition.

I remember …

… the love I felt, how it engulfed me, how it brought overwhelming emotion and unashamed tears of joy.

I remember it all clearly … 26 years ago today.

Happy Birthday Ben.

I love you,

Dad

1 comment:

Fe-lady said...

Beautiful post...hope he reads this!