"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep."

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Climb Every Mountain

This morning Bill and I revisited our old familiar running route – the greenway along Willey Drive and the Roanoke River.

It was the first time we have run together in a while and I found it fitting we should do so along this course where we shared many a pre-dawn run while training for the Virginia Beach Rock and Roll Half Marathon.

A light misting of rain filled the sky but the temperature was moderate so overall, the running conditions were just fine. As we proceeded along our well known route, I began to think of what awaits tomorrow morning;

The run ↑ UP ↑ Mill Mountain.

Using the U.S. Track and Field website’s route mapping feature, reveals this little jaunt to be an approximate 5 mile climb of nearly 1100 feet. And while it might not be Mt. Everest, I’m pretty sure it will prove to be a daunting challenge.

I’ll let you know how we fare.


“Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine

No comments: