"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep."

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Mission Accomplished

After my first full day as a Saturday Guy, I awoke much later than what is normal for me, even for a Sunday. And upon arising, I leisurely enjoyed my coffee while casually perusing the newspaper prior to heading out into the unseasonably warm (63°) January day for a quick run.

As I got into my groove and my mind began to wander, I thought about my friend Scott Cowan. When Scott and I first met last year, I discovered he was training for his first marathon and having just completed my first half, we immediately hit it off.

As the months have passed, he’s continued to encourage me as we’ve stayed in touch via email. And in October while both in DC, we ran together.

Well this past weekend, Scott joined that elite club of runners by completing his first marathon; the Walt Disney World Marathon in Orlando.

Congratulations my friend on a job well done and please, keep up the encouragement for Chicago is only 265 days away!

“The virtue of achievement is victory over oneself. Those who know this can never know defeat.” - Anon

No comments: