"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep."

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Twenty Two

January 12, 1988

Oh, where have they gone
all those precious years.
The times I recall
with laughter and tears.

A moment, an instant
a mere bat of an eye.
From a child to young woman
I accept with a sigh.

The inevitable truth
as our story unfolds.
My cherished memory
of you seven years old.

Eternally grateful
for all of the days.
I’ve been blessed with your love
in so many ways.

And so on this day
another year past.
A new celebration
replacing the last.

Remember I love you
and better my life.
For you were the bonus
when I married my wife.

Happy Birthday BA

1 comment:

Anne said...

What a lucky girl to have a dad like you.