"The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep."

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

New Ground

New ground has been broken!

This past Saturday I ran the longest distance I’ve ever run – 14 miles. And although there is still a long way to go before I’m ready for 26.2, I’m definitely on my way. From this point forward, almost every Saturday will mark a new distance record as I continue to build on the week before.

And while I won’t pretend this is easy, it has been rather pleasant during the past week. The mild temperatures and low humidity have made for ideal conditions and the beauty of the Roanoke Valley is nothing short of spectacular. I’m grateful to be outside taking it all in.

Hopefully this trend will continue as we move into August.

For all who have been able to make a financial contribution to my Team In Training goal, I sincerely thank you. Because of your generosity, we’ve raised $2580.00 so far! That will go a long way towards helping those in need.

And for all who continually lend their moral support, I thank you as well. It goes a long way towards getting me up before dawn each morning and continuing to put one foot in front of the other.

Like this morning ... 7 miles ... the last in the rain.

"In the end, forming our own destiny is what ambition is about." - Joseph Epstein

1 comment:

Fe-lady said...

Congrats! That's more than half way! Yeee-ha!